Co. Dublin, Ireland
5PM October 23rd, 2023
Easy Garden Spawell is a purpose built, urban garden centre catering to the gardening needs of customers from Dublin City Centre to Templeogue, Knocklyon, and surrounding areas since 2014. We have an abundance of seasonal colour, ready to go pots & baskets, evergreen shrubs, roses, perennials, trees and much more. We also have all the compost, lawn care, garden care, and pots that you’ll need including a range of gifts and garden accessories to suit all tastes and budgets.
Participate as a key team member of Easygarden Spawell Garden Centre.
The Garden Centre Manager.
Key internal and external relationships:
Internal relationships will be primarily with various parts of Uniplumo Ireland Ltd. in Ireland as required by the Garden Centre Manager. Primary external interactions will be with Easygarden supply partners.
Dublin 6W, Eircode: D6W E525
- Full time permanent contract
- Working 5 out of 7 days
- Competitive salary and KPI linked bonus depend on experience
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all elements of the operation of the garden centre under the guidance of the garden centre manager.
- Deputise for the garden centre manager on such occasions that she is not at the garden centre herself.
- Operation of a modern Epos retail system with full cash control and stock control capability, and associated responsibility for the integrity of the information produced.
- In the absence of the garden centre manager, responsibility for the cash management, including procedures, reconciliation, and banking.
- Shared responsibility for stock ordering, under the guidance of the garden centre manager.
- Shared responsibility for total stock control, including stocktakes, reconciliation against purchases and sales, and full return of potential margin to the parent company, under the guidance of the garden centre manager.
- Shared responsibility for total staff management, staff rostering, staff training, staff.
- procedures, staff conduct, under the guidance of the garden centre manager.
- Demonstrate willingness, flexibility, and enthusiasm to undertake such tasks as the garden centre manager requests.
- Shared responsibility for a friendly, efficient, safe environment for customers to shop in, under the guidance of the garden centre manager.
Experiences and Skills
Required skills include:
- Proven ability in retail Garden Centre and or DIY.
- Proven experience in managing a team in a customer facing environment
- Experience in operating and managing EPOS system and cash control
- Ability to organise work effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Ability to drive profitable sales, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and strong work ethic and commercial drive
- Enthusiastic, can-do team leader with a passion for Garden Centre retail
- Excellent customer facing retail skills
- Good plant and gardening knowledge