Garden Centre Manager
Co. Dublin, Ireland
5PM October 23rd, 2023
Easy Garden Spawell is a purpose built, urban garden centre catering to the gardening needs of customers from Dublin City Centre to Templeogue, Knocklyon, and surrounding areas since 2014. We have an abundance of seasonal colour, ready to go pots & baskets, evergreen shrubs, roses, perennials, trees and much more. We also have all the compost, lawn care, garden care, and pots that you’ll need including a range of gifts and garden accessories to suit all tastes and budgets.
Participate as a key team member of Easygarden Spawell Garden Centre.
The Managing Director & Financial Controller.
Key internal and external relationships:
Internal relationships will be with various departments within Uniplumo Ireland Ltd. Primary external interactions will be with Easygarden supply partners.
Dublin 6W, Eircode: D6W E525
As the Garden Centre Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Garden Centre operation. You will be a strong retailer, experienced in horticulture and have a passion for quality plants and gardening products and creating a fantastic shopping experience for our customers.
With your management and duty team you will need to be able to manage all departments across the Centre to achieve sales and profit targets whilst motivating your team to maximise opportunities and inspiring them to offer the highest standards of customer service.
- Managing the day-to-day operation; stock levels, merchandising standards and customer service.
- Planning to staff schedules to achieve right people, right place, right time.
- Inspire your team to create fabulous product displays with accurate and informative POS.
- Develop your team to look after and care for our plants ensuring they are always healthy and looking great for our customers as well as being able to advise our customer on suitable plants and products for their needs.
- Be responsible for managing cash and other daily administrative/back office tasks
- Support smooth warehouse and goods in process
- Manager regular cleaning and housekeeping tasks as needed
- Full time permanent contract
- Working 5 out of 7 days
- Competitive salary and KPI linked bonus depending on experience.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership and lead all elements of the operation of the garden centre.
- Operation of a modern Epos retail system with full cash control and stock control capability, and associated responsibility for the integrity of the information produced.
- Full responsibility for the cash management, including procedures, reconciliation, and banking.
- Full responsibility for stock ordering, and management for the centre.
- Total stock control, including stocktakes, reconciliation against purchases and sales, and full return of potential margin to the parent company.
- Staff management, staff rostering, staff training, and lead by example in procedures, staff conduct.
- Lead an efficient, safe and inspiring environment for customers to shop in
Experiences and Skills
Required skills include:
- Proven ability in retail Garden Centre and or DIY.
- Proven experience in managing a team in a customer facing environment
- Experience in operating and managing EPOS system and cash control
- Ability to organise work effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Ability to drive profitable sales, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and strong work ethic and commercial drive
- Enthusiastic, can-do team leader with a passion for Garden Centre retail
- Excellent customer facing retail skills
- Good plant and gardening knowledge