Co. Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to : The Operations Manager
Internal liaison: Sales, Production, Pack House, Suppliers and Accounts
External liaison: Customers and Suppliers
5PM Friday, October 25th 2019
Uniplumo Ltd. Wyestown, Oldtown, Co. Dublin A45 D797, IRELAND
Uniplumo Ireland Ltd., Irelands leading grower and producer in the ornamental horticulture industry, supplying wholesalers and retailers across Ireland, invites applications for the position of Warehouse Supervisor.
The role of the Warehouse Supervisor is to support the Warehouse operations teams by overseeing the smooth running of the warehouse to ensure strong disciplines are in place and consistency of standards are achieved across all warehouse activities. As each of our products is finished to a specific standard, you will ensure standards and procedures are implemented ensuring best practice and Health & Safety policy are central to all activities.
Key responsibilities of the role will be to provide
- Assisting the Operations Manager in achieving best practice standards across the Warehouse to ensure objectives are met and continuously improved upon.
- Managing the planning and implementation of start-up procedures – unlocking and pre start checks on all operational equipment & packing lines.
- Managing operative wage hours and costs, ensuring productivity targets are achieved.
- Daily liaison with Transport, Sales and Supply Chain to monitor and improve processes.
- Supervise the trans-shipment of product between sites and ensure all tasks are completed accurately, to customer standard, and on time.
- Seek out and identify efficiencies across warehouse functions.
- Maintain best practice standards across order processing at all times and to assist in the creation of a positive working environment for colleagues within the warehouse.
- Act as a role model for colleagues within the warehouse by demonstrating excellence in company, industry & customer specific standards at all times.
- Carry out on the job training and coaching to ensure productivity standards are achieved and any new processes and procedures are implemented.
- Together with the Operations Manager, manage the staff rota, sickness absence, holiday cover etc and communicate across site.
- Enforce Co. policy and escalate breaches to Leadership team.
- Participate in disciplinary processes as required.
- Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures.
Additional duties will be assigned according to the department needs and in line with the requirements of the business, including new technologies and processes.
The successful candidate will possess the following
- A proven track record of achieving high standard of performance.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Warehouse environment.
- Proficiency in all operational tasks and procedures within their department with a good knowledge of how other areas operate within the business.
- Excellent people, communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite efficiently.
- Good Employment Law knowledge desirable.